Friday, December 30, 2016

hello and welcome!


Welcome to my space on the world wide web! After putting this off for years, I recently saw a friend's Facebook post that stated, "If not now, when?" and, out-of-the-blue, my sister told me I should start a blog. It was just the kickstart I needed...along with my husband surprising me by creating the perfectly quirky banner you see above. He's talented at everything, that man.

I envision this being a place to share recipes, craft projects, kids' activities, everyday moments, musings...A place for me to compile the things that compose my lively, lovely life.

I'm a northern girl married to a southern boy. We met while tending to livestock in Honduras and we married among trees and two dozen of our closest people. He is the peanut butter to my jelly: the stable, patient and knowledgeable to my energetic, spontaneous, and inquisitive self. 

In addition to our 1-year-old Irish Terrier named Tumnus, we have a son who entered this world in the summer of 2013 and is simply a delight. A kind-hearted, ever-smiling, truck-loving, book-reading, yogurt-devouring, always-moving delight. Parenthood is quite the exhilarating journey!

I enjoy making and eating food; spending time out-of-doors (backpacking! reading in a hammock! gardening! going to the park!); recording life in photos and words; and crafting things, preferably with fabric and my trusty 50-year-old sewing machine.

And that's a bit about me. Thanks again for visiting my blog space! I hope it will be a place for you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment